Are you looking for ways to manage your time in a better way? Better time management leads to better personal development. So, if you are not looking for these methods yet, you should start looking for them now. Here are some tips to help you.
- Realize your potentials and capacities. This is a very important first step of time management. When you know your own capabilities, you get a good idea of how soon you can accomplish a particular task. Others may take a whole day for something you can do within an hour. So understand your own potential first.
- Time things that you commonly do. If you have to regularly do a particular type of work, then check how much time you need to do that. When you manage your time, you can allot that much time for it later on.
- Always prioritize your work. Give priority to things that are more important, those that have an influence on other things that you do. If there is some task whose fulfillment will expedite another task, then do that task first. Proper prioritization can lead to better productivity.
- Keep proper time for every kind of activity—work, play and recreation. Keep some family time as well. If you only allot time for work, then your time management will backfire because you will be stressed out. You will then look for other kinds of things to do, and rebuff your own time management agenda.
- Always have some variety in your tasks. Don’t do the same things over and over again. Clockwork precision may sound good for time management but it actually isn’t. When things become boring, they may take longer to finish just because you may not stay motivated to do the same kinds of things repetitively. Variety is the spice of life.
- Plan ahead of deadlines. For all work that needs to be compulsorily completed within a particular period of time, you need to prepare a proper strategy. Plan on finishing all such work a little ahead of schedule. That takes care of all contingencies and helps you finish the jobs you have taken up.
- Keep all your watches and clocks five minutes ahead. Even if you consciously know that they are ahead, your subconscious mind will respond to the hands of the watch or clock and try to work faster. It happens—try it out!
Try these time management tips and see how you can add to their productivity. These are tips that can help you immensely in your personal development efforts.